Job Posting: Sales Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Our Client is looking for a results-driven, innovative, and creative Sales Engineer to join their team. They value professional, self-driven individuals willing to accept new and exciting challenges. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong technical understanding of Client’s products and customers’ businesses. This knowledge enables you to convey how our products help customers address their technical needs and issues.
The successful candidate will also have a diverse understanding of complex problem-solving techniques. They will be able to apply their technical knowledge and skills to provide both internal and external advice. They will support our customers through the entire sales process.
In addition, they will understand Client’s product requirements and help them validate those requirements against our products while identifying any technical risks and provide mitigation strategies when needed. They will work in the Factory Automation environment. They will also communicate customer needs and product feedback to the leadership team.
Job Responsibilities & Functions
- Develop strong relationships with customers, inside sales and product manufacturers as a trusted advisor to facilitate solutions.
- Perform product demonstrations (both virtual and in-person).
- Proactively guide customers through their product options and advise solutions based on their needs.
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with the team.
- Provide technical guidance to customers and inside sales for RFQ’s.
- Share sales and product insights along with feedback to the leadership team to facilitate new features and updates.
- Translate technical information for a variety of audiences.
Experience & Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a sales engineer or solutions engineer.
- Engineering or technical degree preferred.
- Formal Sales Training preferred.
- Process Control or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make effective customer presentations.
- Strong leadership skills to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple accounts/opportunities.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening, which includes a drug test (position is subject to ongoing drug testing as a term of continued employment)
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle report, and good driving habits
- Ability to legally work in the US
Apply Here Now
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The Company reserves the right to change or assign additional duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.
Additional Job Information
Our cash compensation for a base salary amount for this role is targeted at $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 annually in this location. This role is eligible for commissions. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amount listed above.
This position is available for remote work. Candidates currently residing in locations outside of daily commuting distance of Metro Denver office will be considered, however, no relocation or travel assistance will be provided by the Company for this position.
Occasional travel to work site locations may be expected. Overnight stays may be required from time to time for training, seminars, field visits, or visits to Client locations.
This is a full-time position. Typical work hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Employee must be capable and willing to work overtime as required and to participate in occasional meetings, events, seminars, conferences, or other activities outside of typical work hours. Employees responsible for project operations are expected to monitor and, in some cases, respond to emails, calls, or texts outside of business hours.
This position operates mainly in an office environment. This entails working inside an office space wherein employee may be provided a public workstation or private office. From time to time, clients and events will require field visits where exposure to extreme weather conditions, fumes, airborne particles, vibrations, dust, electrical charges and other unforeseen exposures may be encountered.
In the performance of the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and view a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time. While at work sites, the employee will be expected to walk and stand. Individual might be asked to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and/or crawl. Individual might be required to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. in the performance of this position.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.